Old Woking Community Centre
25th October 2018
Cllrs Louise Morales & Deborah Hughes invited local residents to the initial launch of the forum following distribution of 1500 flyers in the local area.
120 people attended the first meeting and matters commenced with appointment of an interim Chairperson. Robert Shatwell was proposed as acting Chair for the meeting by Louise Morales & seconded by Deborah Hughes.
- A discussion on the functions of setting up a Neighbourhood forum
- A vote (with all in favour) of starting the process of setting up a Neighbourhood forum for the Hoe Valley area.
- A discussion of the size and shape of the area the forum should take including discussion of the practicalities of including Clairmont Avenue (part of the ward not in Kingfield, Westfield or Old Woking) and Barnsbury (Not in Hoe Valley ward)
- A vote was taken on the proposed area (only 2 in favour of including Barnsbury and in excess of 100 preferring the Hoe Valley Ward area exactly).
- Offers of help with delivery of leaflets, secretarial, Facebook and and Web support were sought and all interested persons asked to leave their contact details.
- Multiple questions on the local plan and other local planning issues followed with the meeting formally closing at 8.45pm.